Mechanical Contractor Talks Safety Preparedness
With September being the month for emergency preparedness in America, does your commercial building in St. Charles County have a contingency plan? What is your commercial building's crisis management plan?
Earthquakes, floods, bioterrorism, chemical spills and other natural disasters represent a short list of emergency situations, facing St. Charles County commercial property owners.
Flooding and tornadoes represent the most common potential natural disasters of St. Charles County. Missouri is among 37 other states vulnerable to earthquakes. The New Madrid seismic zone produced quadruple earthquakes magnitudes, ranging above 7.0 on the Richter scale, during the winter of 1811 to 1812.
Hoffmann Brothers Mechanical Contractors prescribes five rudimentary tactics in observance of emergency awareness month in America.
1) Schedule an inspection on your building's mechanical system to identify any combustive or air quality problems. Your commercial building mechanics play a vital role in emergency prevention. Well maintained boilers, furnaces, roof top units and other HVAC-Rs complement workplace safety, preventing unforeseen scenarios.
2) Compile all emergency supplies for the occupants of the building (for example: hazmat, emergency kit). Please visit http://www.ready.gov/september for a complete emergency kit list.
3) Organize an emergency task force to help plan and institute drills and other urgent contingencies. Create a schedule for practice drills.
4) Designate a location to use as a shelter in the event of an emergency situation. Basements and spaces away from windows serve as ideal locations to quarantine occupants in the event of an emergency.
5) Install a building automation system (BAS) to monitor and defend your commercial property's safety.
6) Remain apprised of local emergency events and evacuation to plan accordingly.
Happy Emergency Preparedness Month!
For urgent mechanical repairs, Hoffmann Brothers is available 24/7.
To get your emergency preparedness off to a good start, call us at 314.664.3536